Among the PCBs I got back was a version of BasicUART V2 that uses FT232RL in place of MCP2200. The previous version of this design had a problem with a zone not connecting to a GND pin, which caused it to be flaky at best.
I built up one last night and it worked nicely. I will get to updating the docs and producing a few of these in the near future.
Another design in the PCB batch was a high speed DAC conversion board. This board had some issues. First the footprint for the DAC chip wasn’t correct (I needed the wide version but used the narrow version opps!). Second the opamp circuit was unstable. I was able to hack fixes for both onto the PCB to do some testing. After the fixes the output was not bad at all. It still needs improvement and that will likely require another 2 PCB iterations for what I have in mind to really test fully.
MSPism got a minor tweak to its design, which looks fine but still needs to be tested. I have some firmware written for MSPism but it isn’t what I envisioned as the final features which is why it still hasn’t been released and put on sale. If you feel strongly I should just release what I have done, sound off.
The other boards have yet to be built up for testing of any kind. One of them is for a contract and the other is a new design, for an old idea.